Monday, February 16, 2009

I Quit Smoking

Yes, that is correct. I quit smoking.

I feel bad when people say they are proud of me for quitting and commenting on how hard it is. Actually, it wasn't hard at all. I got sick with a major bacterial infection similar to the flu that made me want to kill myself and others. I physically couldn't smoke a cigarette during that time. This lasted for damn near a month, and by the time I could breathe again without gunk in my chest, I had lost the desire to add more. Literally. I just didn't have the inclination to smoke anymore.

My illness was split into two shifts, with the week I went to Florida in between. I felt ok in Florida, so I TRIED to smoke (which is just retarded), but I had no luck. Last night, I took ONE puff off Beau's cigarette, and I thought my chest would explode.

I think people scoffed at me before when I said I wasn't really addicted to smoking and could quit anytime I wanted. I just didn't WANT to. I guess I'll never REALLY know if that was the case, since I didn't really quit of my own accord (but I am sticking to my guns on that). Smoking kinda quit me. Kinda like the guy that caused me to start smoking in the first place, but that's another blog for another day. Kinda full circle. I dig it.

No comments: